Friday, September 7, 2012

To town

Today, I went to Fleet Feet in Raleigh to purchase new walking shoes. I've been buying them on-line or at Rack Room, and after walking 15 miles in one swoop over the weekend, I realized that I needed some good shoes. Shoes that had been fitted by someone who knows what they are doing. Shoes that would keep my feet happy.

If your feet hurt or are tired...well, the day stinks! So, I now am the proud owner of a new pair of Brooks Ghost 5 shoes. What they lack in aesthetics, they make up for in comfort.

While I was in town, I went to Cokesbury to get our curriculum stuff for church. Boy, I could really drop some money in Cokesbury...first all of the books! I do love to read, and I just want to buy everything that interests me. But, I bought nothing today that was not curriculum related. Then, the communion sets...I mean, I know you really don't need a collection of communion sets, but I love them. And, the robes! Fun - although, I have to say that my robe is made out of a much more comfortable fabric than those I saw today.

So, that was my little trip into the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment