Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Still blogging

Wow, I can't believe how quickly how settled back into routine. Of course, I moved into Drew Summer Session routine really fast and immediately had habits...used the same sink every time I brushed my teeth, put my stuff in the same corner of the fridge, sat in the same spot in the classrooms...oh, the list goes on and on.

I don't know if this means I am adaptable or just a creature of habit. But, it makes me think about faith and stuff - I wonder how many routines I've settled into - without question. Do I pray the same way every day? Do I worship the same way? Do I go through the same motions? Is my faith just a fill-in-the-blank kind of thing with the date changed at the top? I'm just sayin!

I'm not suggesting that routine is bad or good...I'm suggesting that it is easy to fall into. As for what any of that means, I have no idea.

On the non-pondering side of life, it has been GREAT to be back home. The Mister is just about finished with our kitchen floor, and all of our appliances are hooked back up. Not that I intend to cook. But, I could. If I wanted to.

I've got to work on a paper this weekend. It's the last one due for the summer session. It's part research, part personal reflection...on what we hope the future of our ministry will be. I'm curious as to what I'll come up with - I mean, I think about the future, but I don't write anything down. I hope I get a lot done on it in the next couple of days. One thing I've learned about writing these papers, 80% of it is just forcing yourself to sit down and do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment