Tuesday, July 24, 2012

200 books

Almost halfway through with this summer adventure and only two more nights of this night class - Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

At lunch, I met one on one with my methodology instructor about the dissertation project. He is a very quiet man with a very dry affect...but he smart! And, you will talk to him and think he is not listening, and then he comes out with something brilliant. I feel very lucky to have him as a teacher because when I leave, I will have a solid start on this project. He is all about planning, and he has to be. There are time lines for everything here.

Just as a teaser...my project will take place during Lent 2013 (although I'll be working with my team this fall to develop it), and it will be centered around the Holy Spirit and use small groups. I think it is narrow enough to complete in the allotted time frames, but the subject is big enough to do meaningful research. Would you believe that the library allows doctoral students to take out 200 books??? 200 BOOKS? That's a lot. And, it would not even make a dent in the library here, so that's another thing...working on this project is just a big reminder of how much I don't know. I'll know more when it's over, but I won't know it all....there is so much information out there.

But, this I do know...I saw a dog wearing a dress on her walk.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment