Friday, July 20, 2012

A Psalm

I am so glad that it's Friday! Not that I have anything exciting planned for the weekend, other than my trip to Peapack to see the church where Guiding Light filmed its weddings. But, we've worked hard this week, and I have a lot of writing to do this weekend - I'm glad to have a couple of days to catch my breath.

Tonight, we discussed the Psalms. As part of that, we were given the assignment of writing a Psalm with a partner. Greg Williams was my partner, and this is what we wrote in response to the shootings in Colorado.

To you, O Lord, I lift up my bloody grief.
The innocent have gone down to the grave.
Their families scream out for your comfort,
and there is none.

Where are you?
Are your eyes blind?
Are your ears deaf?
Has your heart stopped beating for us?

Our hearts still long for you.
With each breath, our spirits stretch out for you.
We wait for you.
We wait for your eyes to see.
We wait for your ears to hear.

O God of justice and mercy,
Lift us into your heart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment