Sunday, July 22, 2012

One week down...


Today has been a most productive. It started with a drive to Peapack, NJ. I must say, Peapack is a lovely little town. Rollings hills. Quaint little buildings. A little park with a pond and 2 swans. And, this gorgeous church. I was a Guiding Light fan for a number of years, and this is the church that hosted their baptisms and weddings and 'almost' weddings. So, it was a lot of fun to worship there this morning and then walk around the town. I spent some time with the minister who showed me the various places in the church that were filmed the most. She also talked about how nice the cast and crew were and how generous they were to the town. I had a good time, and I might just go back to worship with them next week.

I'll tell you, though, two things felt very odd to me in worship. It was odd to be sitting in the congregation. I can't remember the last Sunday morning when I sat in a congregation. We had a responsive reading, and I almost read the 'leader' part! Glad I caught myself. My southern accent was already drawing attention. I also missed communion this morning. The service felt incomplete without it. I did not realize until today how much that weekly celebration feeds me.

This afternoon, I practiced a little piano and went for a walk. But, I spent most of the time writing papers. I've still got a lot of reading to do before I go to bed tonight, so I'd better get started.


One week down. Two to go.


Oh, and here I am at the gazebo that was used in lots of the Guiding Light scenes. I had to take it myself, so you see more of my nose than the gazebo. Notice the WMCC shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment